The outbreak of the COVID-19 global pandemic has not just interrupted the regular courses of businesses but has also caused major issues for the project managers regarding stakeholder engagement.
With social distancing and working from home becoming the new normal for organisations, it has become essential to embrace online consultation software to facilitate stakeholder and internal communications.
Tips for Digital Stakeholder Engagement amidst COVID-19
- Evaluate Your Options– Evaluate your communication needs and the current engagement tools that you are using to ensure that you are using the best options available in the market currently. Technology changes rapidly and it’s important you keep updated on what options are out there.
- Change to Video Conferencing– With social distancing, businesses are embracing video conferencing to compensate for the need to have face-to-face conversations with stakeholders. As this has become so prolific during the pandemic, most stakeholders are now comfortable with video calls, webinars or conferences.
- Go for Webinars– Learning and training is a continuous requirement to ensure that your team is working efficiently. Since face-to-face workshops are not an option in the pandemic, webinars or full LMS systems can help you to move events and training online.
- Consider Using a Mapping or Interactive Image Feature– Maps and photographs allow everybody involved in the project to visualize the entire area. This helps people of all different levels to engage more efficiently. Engagement Hub has several tools to help you visually show what you are consulting on and to receive feedback through map pins, voting & commenting directly on your maps and images.
- Encourage Innovation– Think of different ways to communicate more efficiently with your stakeholders. You need to continuously explore and evolve your engagement and communication practices.
- Include Polls in Your Communications– When you need quick results, use polls as a way of quickly surveying opinions. This quick effective method helps you obtain conclusive quantitative feedback to help in decision making.
- Consider Media Reviews– Images, videos and audios are undoubtedly the best way to communicate with others but having the option to comment and respond on those media files through an online engagement tool will make the communication more fulfilling.
- Ditch the Loop– One of the prime features of having a digital engagement tool is to ensure that you can make quick decisions through timely consultation and collaborations, so ensure that your communication is precise and conclusive.
Try Out Engagement Hub by viewing our demo site or book a free 30-minute software demonstration to see how creating your own online engagement platform can transform how you engage your stakeholders, particularly during the COVID-19 pandemic.