Advantages of stakeholder engagement software
Stakeholder engagement software brings many advantages, not moving forward with software means you’re relying on resource-heavy methods and multiple applications.
Online engagement platforms can bring together all your online and offline communication with stakeholders allowing you to manage everything in one place and report on it instantly.
Engagement Hub is built and operated by stakeholder engagement specialists. Over the years, we’ve had over 1.3million people consulting through our platform and helped many organisations achieve their engagement goals. Here are the top commonly asked stakeholder engagement questions we get.
Commonly Asked Question #1: What are the types of stakeholders?
Defining stakeholder groups is unique for each consultation. A broad example is provided below.
- Users: these may be community members, committee members and/or employees
- Governance: a project sponsor which may be political or executive leadership
- Influencers: People who are in a persuasive position
- Providers: People who play a part in the delivery of a project
Commonly Asked Question #2: What is a stakeholder management plan?
The strategy for engaging stakeholders varies from project to project, which is why there is always a need for a document that states how to engage different stakeholders based on the current requirement of any project. A stakeholder management plan is that official document which outlines the points that can help engage stakeholders in a particular project.
Commonly Asked Question #3: How do you manage project stakeholders?
Manage your project stakeholders in a few simple steps:
- Identify your stakeholders
- Analyse their impact and expectations
- Develop plans to collaborate and inform individual stakeholders
- Resource your plan
- Continually communicate with stakeholders
- Feedback results
Commonly Asked Question #4: How do we communicate with different stakeholders?
There are many ways in which you can be in touch with the stakeholders, here, we have listed some:
- Online stakeholder engagement software – Using software presents many advantages which can dramatically increase your chance of success and reduce the admin burden and resources needed for stakeholder engagement. With multiple tools, instant stakeholder notifications and in-depth reporting, your online stakeholder management platform takes care of a large majority of your stakeholder engagement work
- Face to face – there’s always a role for face-to-face communication in addition to digital methods. These need to be carefully designed to maximise feedback, generate collaborative decision making and to capture the right stakeholders
- Have online meetings: Not all stakeholders can meet in person, so one method is to conduct online meetings. This is one of the best ways to conduct detailed stakeholder engagement, especially when stakeholders are sitting across different regions and countries.
- Send out regular newsletters– All the stakeholders must be updated about the progress of the project and this can be done by simply sending out information via email on a regular basis. Engagement Hub has this facility built in so you can send out quick notifications or regular newsletters at the click of a button.
- Deliver project summary reports– Once the project is complete, stakeholders should be provided with a project outcomes report.
Engagement Hub is an all-in-one management system for stakeholder communication, engagement and reporting. Engagement Hub offers more than 20 consultation and engagement tools to drive effective participation, conversation and collaboration.
You may also like: